There was a circus in Manhattan the last couple days. We decided to take the boys last night before soccer. I have no pictures of this outing, and I'll tell you why.
Joel walked up and bought the tickets ($28 for us to go which I thought was way too much). We spotted some horses, a zebra, and a camel. They also had a bounce house for the kids to jump in and a pony merry-go-round. Tyson would not look at any of it. We started to walk in to the big tent and he started screaming. I picked him up because sometimes he just gets overwhelmed when there are a lot of people. I thought this would help. He did not stop screaming. He grabbed the back of my neck and tried to "steer" me out of the tent. Joel and Charlie were taking a seat up front. Tyson kept screaming and "steering". I told Joel we needed to leave. We walked out. Paid the guy to jump on the bounce house. Tyson would not jump. "I want to go to Mommy's house!" Tears are rolling down his face. We try again to go into the tent. Screaming! Steering! Tyson and I walked out and tried to sit outside the tent. Charlie was loving it, clapping, kicking his legs, really having a good time. Tyson is crying. "Daddy come out?" "Charlie come out?" He was worried sick about them being in that tent. We try to go get them. I am holding him. He is SCREAMING! We leave and go to Target!
Later we drive by the circus and pretend to pull into the parking lot. SCREAMING!!! Joel and I start laughing. (I never claimed to be great parents!)
No comments:
Post a Comment