Monday, December 8, 2014

So It's Almost Been a Year

And what a year it has been!  It's impossible to go back to everything that happened in one year, but I am going to share a few fun photos of the year and start fresh.  The year was filled with change!  As most of you know Joel accepted a position as Provost at DMACC in Carroll, Iowa.  We had talked about moving back to Iowa really since we left, but part of me thought it might not ever really happen.  But it did!  I was filled with all kinds of emotions as the day approached.  We had two rental properties and our house to sell so I stayed behind with the boys until the end of the summer.  When we closed on all three houses by August 1st, all for sale by owner, I knew it was meant to be.  It was REALLY hard leaving Manhattan (we were there 14 years), but it was REALLY exciting to be back in Iowa with family.  Moving the boys was a hard decision, but for the most part it has been great for them.  Tyson has immediately become an Iowa State Cyclone (I swear Lundstrom's I only had a small part in that!), is loving Adams Elementary, and cheers as loud for the Carroll Tigers as he did for the Wildcats!  Charlie has had a little harder time adjusting to the new school, but overall is doing awesome!  Kids are so resilient!  We are finally getting settled and I actually have some time to blog.  We miss Manhattan a lot, but Carroll is a great small town with everything we need.  And getting to spend so much time with family has been amazing and the boys love every minute of it.  They ask everyday, "which cousins are coming over today?"   

Tyson was Fan of the Game in January.  Looking back at this, the timing of it was awesome.  Little did we know that last season would be our last year as season ticket holders.
 

 
 
Enjoying a snow day in Manhattan.  I have been trying to explain to Tyson that in Iowa when it snows it doesn't melt right away like in Kansas.
 
 

Charlie decided for his birthday he wanted to invite his teachers and para, so it was an all adult party with Charlie as the center of attention.  Tyson decided to get the flu and throw up in the truck on the way to the bowling alley.
I accidentally cut off the coaches heads but this is one of my favorite team pictures ever.  He had a great season last year.  They figured out to have him stand under the basket and pass it to him. He made it almost every time!
 
And here is where the obsession with the bucket of water dumping on his head began. 
April 2014

Flying the awesome minion kite from Aunt Jenn and Uncle Andy!
My handsome dude at his music concert!
This kindergarten program is serious stuff.

Spring Game 2014

Why not?
 
OK, that gets me about half way through the year.  The Packers are playing Monday Night Football now so I will have to finish tomorrow.  Hope you enjoyed a very quick preview of 2014.
 

1 comment:

The Lundstroms said...

Love seeing new pics of the boys! Miss them!